Thursday, March 16, 2006

Dear Reader,

Congratulations! In your search for good reading, you have managed to skip past all of the professional blogs with fancy advertisements and have stumbled upon something a bit different: a theatre blog. Now you may be asking what is so unique about this particular theatre blog. Well, I'm here to answer that question.

First, consider your young and humble author, Gregio. Like you, I am also a student of theatre. Whether you are a hobbyist or a working professional, we all have something to share each other. Personally, I am a high school student, soon to be attending either North Carolina School of the Arts or SUNY Purchase College for a BFA degree in Theatre Design / Technology, specifically Lighting Design. My experiences range from acting to electrics to stage management to design in a multitude of theatre environments, including school, community, professional, and equity.

Through my experiences, I have developed a theatrical outlook of my own. There are many arguments regarding what is good theatre. Some will try to justify that special effects add to good theatre, and perhaps with reasonable explanation. Others will say that little intrusion by the equipment and the most realism through the actors is the best method. I suppose I fall somewhere in between. I feel that theatre, throughout its history, has always been used for one purpose, to tell a story. Now whether the story should be used to spark a movement or simply to evoke emotions, it is all the same, and I feel that every element in the production should be used to deliver the message.

Now that you know a little about me, take a deep breath, and brace yourself. Content on this site will be posted in the forms of videos, images, and of course dialogue. You are about to enter the experiences of Gregio.

Welcome! I hope that I can share content half as intriguing as what I hope to discover from all of you.

Respectfully,

Gregio

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home